“What will you be doing after graduation?”
It’s inevitable question dreaded by college seniors all over the world.
With a job in clean-technology and renewable energy, you could be:
- traveling internationally to manage the finances of energy companies
- meeting with stakeholders to manage policy agendas
- researching new technologies
- helping to finance a solar project
- creating innovative ways to use social media to bolster support for wind power
These are just a few of the things that Carolina students have had the opportunity to do in the clean-tech sector.
Sound cool? Here’s what these students and recent grads had to say about landing their clean-tech jobs:
“Upward mobility. Make sure you understand what the trajectory is for you at a company before you sign on.”
“A willingness to work and try anything – that’s really what will get you places.”
“You want to have a skill–something you’re good at–that makes you attractive to companies. “
“What you do today really does translate into your career and helps grow your network in the future.”
“Being honest is the best form of communication–not being afraid to admit your confusions and mistakes because you and your boss grow as a result.”
Interviews have been edited for brevity.